Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Getting ready for the Big 1!

I still love swings. Emory's not quite as into them as I am yet, but I'm trying. We're on one in this picture.


Chick File is the best! It's gourmet fast food. I love how they help you there. Emory likes saying, "Hi. Hi. Hi," to all the little kids that walk by, too. She tried to hug a 3 year old. My friend Kristen and I met there with our girls Monday. We played in the little indoor play area with them. We especially like the wall with the buttons that you press to make animal noises and bug noises. And then there is the one button that you press, and a nice, deep, southern female voice (which I'm pretty sure belongs to Truett Cathy's secretary) appears that has life lessons like, "Be kind." "Don't worry, be happy." And our personal favorite, "Tell the truth. It's easier to remember." We were cracking up with the 3 year olds over that button.


Emory LOVES books. Nanny (teacher for 46 years) would have been so proud. She crawls into her little chair and looks through them everyday.


We went to Party City to stock up on birthday decor. Emory's party and big day are on Saturday. She wore the paper tiara through the whole store. I chose this one over the sparkly ones because she seems to tolerate it.



1 comment:

  1. I love the birthday picture. I can't believe it is birthday time!

    ReplyDelete