Saturday, April 3, 2010

On Our Own




With our help gone, we're braving a new world. Emory and I did our first hangout with the "Highland Mommies Group". Of course we thought we were going for margaritas not knowing there was a several mile long walk beforehand. We weren't dressed right, I didn't know how to work my stroller yet, probably wasn't healed enough from surgery to walk that far, but we survived.

We're also trying to work some of the "spoiling" out of her so that she can sleep without being held....so that we can sleep. But there's only so much crying new parents can handle. We've found that the best way to combat the problem is to run errands. She likes Home Depot. She tricked us with a restaurant, though. She was a quiet angel at the first one, but was not a happy camper at the second. We'll be eating in until we get our confidence up.

7 comments:

  1. We are interested in learning more about the hiccup cure...do I stand on the bed and bounce or does Banner lay on the bed while I bounce next to her or does Banner lay on the bed while I bounce on the ground or...also, does it work for crying and dirty diapers?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't worry Becca, if I can survive the first three months, you will have no trouble. It was like something turned on in Carson when he was three months and he decided to "grow up." She's super cute, good luck with all the new issues, they go away, just not as soon as you would hope.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations!! She is adorable!! Trust me as I am about to have number three--it all gets easier after the first two months--then everyone has the hang of everything. Just wanted to say enjoy your precious gift!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. just take her out and let her give em a show!!!!! i love that you went for a stroll for margaritas!!!! i can't wait to meet you and your margarita baby!!!! love you

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh and SHE IS FRICKIN ADORABLE!!!! I CAN'T WAIT TO HOLD HER AND HUG YOU!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Becca, Kennedy is sleeping so I had a chance to hop on FB and saw you updated pictures on your blog. I really enjoyed looking at all of them and reading about sweet Emory. Congratulations to you both...she is absolutely beautiful. It's so easy to see how much in love you both are with her. Enjoy all these precious moments!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh she's already grown so much in a couple weeks! Can't wait to see y'all again this weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete