Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Tree Hugger

Warning: This may be a boring and contrite blog entry and has no pictures of cute toddlers.

I'm just confirming what I already knew to be true: I'm a highly emotional person. Also, I think that Colorado has rubbed off a little on me. I'm adament about recycling, I was starting to see the benefits of a compost, and I'm feeling like crying over the loss of my tree.

While we were out of town, the tree (which had some rot issues when we bought the house) lost a huge branch in a wind storm. The Tree People told me that it had rot and would only get worse. The potential house buyers said they would like it removed. So today I watch the tree be dismantled by a guy with a cigarette hanging out of his mouth and a chainsaw in his hands.

Here is a picture of Tree on its healthiest day.


Bye, bye, Sucker.
I don't see the rot! Where's the rot???
I thought about asking them to keep it like this as an weird art statement, but remembered that's not allowed in the contract.
And then there were none.

If you would like to take a virtual tour of our home while it is still ours, please go to the link below. There is lovely music that gets very exciting as you get to the basement.

1 comment:

  1. I did enjoy watching the house tour. The music is quite funny. Looks great!

    ReplyDelete