Monday, April 4, 2011

Trip to GA

Brent's parents celebrated their 40th wedding anniversary in March, and Dana's family (of 6) and our family went down to Satilla, Georgia to celebrate. Brent's sister Kim lives down the road with Hunter (16) and her husband Don, so the whole crew was there.

It's the perfect spot for a grandchild. Papa and Grandmama have horses, all kinds of toys, and a golf cart for riding around the vineyards. We took daily rides to Kim's where we helped feed the chickens, goats, and ducks. The kids got to pick up eggs. And there were 4 baby goats born while we were there.

Grandmama holds the two newest baby cousins, Knox (4 months) and Emory (12 months).

I have no idea who this girls is, but she and Emory hung out during Hunter's baseball game and I didn't worry about Emory for hours. That's the kind of place Irwin County is....sweet, 6 year olds take care of your children for you.
P.S. Kim and Don have a great sense of humor, AND get to do many things that you don't get to do in the city. My favorite conversation of the trip went like this- Kim: "Don, What do you know about Aquanet?" Don: "I know if you send it through the end of a PVC pipe with a potato in it you get your eyebrows blown off! And it's months before my eyebrows grew back." This had to do with competition potato launching. I have no idea how we got on the subject of Aquanet, but I'm so glad we did. Oh, the things that you can learn if you pay attention.

1 comment:

  1. i believe there is a random photo of you holding me at a random game...i used to look at that photo and wonder who that girl is....now that "girl" is my best friend :) you better hold onto that photo!!

    ReplyDelete